Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Pudding Aisle Strikes Again

Remember when I said that I could stand in front of the pudding aisle forever and never find the vanilla? This evening I sent Damon to the store to pick up some needed ingredients for a traditional Thanksgiving dessert - he brings home sugar-free/fat-free pudding.

Me: "What is this?"

Damon: "What do you mean - it's pudding."

Me: "No, this is sugar-free/fat-free, no nummy flavor pudding."

Damon: "The pudding aisle is crazy - it was a disaster, we should be lucky I found sugar-free/fat-free and don't even get me started on the cool whip section!"

Me: "I can't make a dessert - with the main ingredient being pudding - with sugar-free/fat-free pudding"

Damon: "Well, I figured we're trying to eat healthier and I thought you'd be okay with my executive decision."

:) :) :) :) Isn't he thoughtful? :) :) :) :)

So, the pudding aisle has done it again. It is totally against my baking religion to make a wonderful dessert - so deserving of all the calories it can get with sugar-free/fat-free pudding. I guess we'll have to see if there is any place open tomorrow for the pudding desperately needed for this traditional Johnson dish.

1 comment:

meg said...

Ohhhh, Damon. Sugar & fat free pudding?!?! Soooo, not the same as the "full strength" stuff. Ew. Hope you found the sugar, fat and calorie full version to make your yummy dessert! :) (By the way, it sounds like something I might need the recipe for... anything with pudding MUST be super tasty!) I hope you all had a wonderfully happy holiday together!!!


PS - You are most definitely on my "I'm Thankful For..." list!!!

MUCH LOVE :)