Friday, November 19, 2010

The Bothma's

The Bothma's: Eric, Tanja (yes, a little weird considering those are my siblings names), Aubrie (22 months) & Brody (4 months). They are our friends. Yes, we have friends.

Today, after lil' man got up from his nap - I got a call from Tanja wanting to know if we'd like to come over and play. How fun is that! A play date. (I love being laid off!) ... (Just in case anyone was wondering, I was doing something very productive when Tanja called... I was cleaning the garbage can and it looks very pretty now that it's all done.) I pack us up... diapers, bottle, formula, pajamas and a can of hot chocolate with whip topping (good conversation always warrants a good cup of hot chocolate) ... the whole nine yards. I mean who knows how long we're going to be staying! When I walked in, Tanja must have thought I was going to be there for a while with all the baggage.

It was nice. We played (okay, the kiddos played), we laughed, Asher deflated one of Aubrie's blow up balls (with his teeth, awesome.) we talked, we baked cookies, Asher tore the heater off the wall (with his hands, double awesome.) and it was nice. It's fun talking with another mommy about ... I don't know, 'mommy things'. I love getting another mommy's opinion on raising kids and getting ideas of how they do things. I'm new at this - I'm a beginner and its nice to have someone else who is in the same boat as myself!
To all of my other friends who are not mommy's or who are mommy's and are not the Bothma's - I love you just as equally but maybe even more if you call me over for a play date! :) I make excellent company - honest. :)

3 comments:

meg said...

Waaaaay cute!!

meg said...

p.s. I so wish we lived closer...and we could have play dates too!! The Tuttle's really sound like they do a play date up right!! :)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

I'm glad I'm not the only Tonja in your life. Play date with friends is the absolute best. Time to chat with girlfriends is even better. :)