Tuesday, February 22, 2011

On the Asher Front...

  • Today Asher signaled me that he wanted "more" using sign-language - I was pretty excited about this new way of communicating.

  • Asher is starting to follow directions. This is super fun to watch him put two and two together. A few things he is able to do when asked... find his blankie, 'sit' (when we are taking a bath), put objects over the gate (he does this on command and on his own;)), put a ball in his tower, put a car on the ramp, bring ____ to _____ , hands up (when pushing in his tray), etc...

  • He is trying to jump and it is hilarious. He can't get off the ground but you can see that he believes he is getting some major air. Such a goof.

  • He's learned the technique of pushing objects over to the couch so he can climb up easier and faster.

  • Stairs are going to be an issues - as well as - anything that has wheels. If it moves, you can ride it.

  • He's starting to do things that could be classified as 'naughty'... as a matter of fact, they are naughty and yet we find ourselves unable to stop laughing. Not good. We are doing our best to stop behaviors before they start but when you have that smile and giggle to follow - not easy. So, last night when he was giving us the 'good 'ole dump truck' with his food at the table I had to look the other way. Thinking to myself, my parents had to of been so proud - I did that when I was WAY to old to know better!

  • He's starting to help with clothing. Okay, it's not like that. He isn't dressing himself. He's just randomly taking off his pants and handing them to you when you're doing the dishes.

  • Toilet paper is fascinating, flushing is amazing and throwing everything into the tub is the best!

  • He enjoys a good game of hide-n-seek as long as you hide in the same spots, loves being chased and has a few super tickle-ish spots on him!

  • He's starting to enjoy evening books. He'll sit for a few minutes and than he's off and running. Maybe some day we'll enjoy this activity together?

  • I believe that his vocabulary is growing (Damon is more skeptical)... "itty et own" translation: Kitty Get Down ... ya, that's about the only thing he puts together - I guess he hears it quite a bit. :)

  • His vocabulary does include: Dada (all the time), ed (Ned), itty (Kitty), mama (see how far down this is on the list? It is very few and far between - but it has been said!) ... I guess that's about it.

  • Today I was explaining to Asher "No, you cannot touch this"... he reaches out and grabs my Nose... I said, "No." He grabs my nose... a little more work to do with these two words. :)

  • Following that last one... he can find my nose, ears and lips. :)

  • He thinks it's funny when the kitty 'nibbles' on him. Good - at least he doesn't freak out about the cat. He entices the kitty into 'nibbling' on him - not good.

  • He doesn't play with toys - he just relocates them around the house.

  • Ah, yes... I love this child. He is going to be a handful - ha, who am I kidding - he already is but I wouldn't want it any other way! :)

3 comments:

meg said...

These are so great!! It is amazing how much they grow, and change, and learn in such a short time! :)
He is so lucky to have such an incredible Mama, who constantly encourages, teaches and most importantly showers him with love each and every day!!

Unknown said...

I'm a big boy look what I can do! :)

Unknown said...

PS - The word verification to post that last comment was nedlice. Hopefully that's not indicating something to come!