Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Helper...

Damon was changing the oil on the truck and needed help - good thing Asher was around with a wrench in hand, he got the job done! :)
This morning we were outside 'doing wood' - piling, cutting, splitting, etc... I was piling up wood when Ash looks at me and says, "What doin'?" I say, "I'm piling wood." He says as he's nodding his head 'yes', "Oh, okay." Such a supervisor!

He also found himself a hammer. A hammer that he would use for a good hour as a 'splitter'. He sat on the ground with the same piece of wood: set it up, tap with hammer, it would fall over and he'd repeat the cycle. He was so proud of himself for helping out - I only wish I would have had my camera! :)

He's growing so fast and every day continues to pick up on the different things that we do every day. He likes to help with dishes, do recycling, sweep the floor and flush the toilet (this last one is so helpful!). All of which take extra time and energy on my half but I love that he is interested in 'helping'. It seems like every day he changes before our eyes - we're so blessed to have the opportunity to watch him grow!

2 comments:

meg said...

Love this picture! :) Such a good helper you are Asher!

mama said...

this is a good camera shot manda.you always capture them. Mom