Thursday, January 15, 2009

What'd think?

I guess there has been a question in the Tuttle Household as of last January/February when we were remodeling our bathroom... is there such a thing as spirits staying in a house? I guess I have believed that such things have only been coincidence but I'm beginning to think differently over the last year. Here are some examples of some 'weird' things that have happened... I would love to hear your thoughts on this type of thing... maybe there is a scientific reason and am open to suggestions!

1) When remodeling the bathroom - one tile would not stay in. No big deal right? Except that if it fell out once - it fell out 10 times! Once the project was complete - the tile has not fallen out.

2) When remodeling the bathroom - we resorted to taking our showers downstairs. I had put the clothes in the dryer, shut the door, turned it on and went into the next room. I turned on the shower and was going to the bathroom when I heard the dryer stop and the door open. Hmmm... I was the only one in the basement... interesting.

3) I went out to start the truck one morning - too cold and Ned stayed inside. I was just about back to the front door and it opened for me. Ned was standing in the kitchen with his ears alert and head tilted at the door frame. Weird.

4) If you've ever attempted to shut our front door - especially in the winter - it is tough. It never wants to open or shut because of the cold weather. So, to my surprise - the door opens itself during the day. Today it is -25 and I come out of the bedroom to find the front door wide open - huh!

This one is my favorite...

5) Damon and I just got home... I was going to pick up the house, he was going to go out to the garage. We were standing in the entry when everything off my shelf was wiped onto the floor. Damon thought it was kind of funny and says, "Now you can clean that up too!". The shelf didn't fall, wasn't shifted - just lost all it's contents... huh.

So what do you think? Can everything be explained scientifically?? I'm not seeing it; however, would love your input! :)

9 comments:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Ummmmm... I just thought I should tell you that my plans have changed and I'll be staying somewhere else this weekend.
YIKES!

Team Tuttle said...

It isn't that bad - it is very few and far between when things happen. I for one am not totally convinced that it is paranormal activity; however, the dryer incident was a little weird. Hmmm? I'm glad you're coming to visit this weekend! YEAH!

Team Tuttle said...

P.S. - We've moved the futon to the basement. It should be a nice tiddy place for you and Anthony to sleep. :)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Ha, ha. You are just too funny, Little Sis!
Or was that a hint that I need to workout more???

Anonymous said...

I totally got the chills!!!

~Mara

Team Tuttle said...

Okay, so if we are creating 'the chills' do you think its paranormal?

Anonymous said...

Manda! That is rather freaky!! When I was 14 or so,(you know, back in the day!) I was home by myself and swear I heard "someone" coming up the stairs from the basement! Seriously! It sounded like footsteps and the stairs were creeking!

Brooke said...

Hi Manda!! Just thought I would check out what was going on with you these days and I read this post, are you SERIOUS!!!?? Those are some pretty strange occurances and of course only you would be so casual about having a haunted house!!!!

Emily said...

I'm a believer in paranormal. I've never seen anything myself but after chatting with a coworker and hearing her experiences from living in an "active house" (i.e. hurricane lamp top flying across the room and shattering, her mom's bookshelf on her headboard had the contents tossed into the hallway, white lights on one wall in the bedroom) I'm a believer.