Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's Here....

Tomorrow is the big day - my birthday! :) Typically I don't make a mention of my birthday; however, I'm kind of liking this new background that I found and can't use it but twice in a year - so here it is! So my birthday wish to my blog world is... show yourself! Leave me a message - who are you, where are you from? I know of about 3 people that actually pay attention to our blog page - so you know who you are!

To think... tomorrow I will be 27! Wow, I am half way to 54 (that's what Damon always says!). In tribute to myself... here are some of my thoughts of my 26th year of life:

~ This year I became an auntie and that is awesome!
~ My Parents: fire, scary, blessed, hard work, sacrifices, accomplishments, deeper love/respect
~ I'm never too old to do something stupid...
~ I'm never too old to learn from that something stupid and ask for forgiveness..
~ Blessed that God finds time in his busy schedule to make me laugh, show me how amazing life is & best of all: forgive my ridiculousness...
~ Damon: beyond understanding, always forgiving, great for a belly laugh, my best friend, my favorite person to find adventure with, sooo lucky!
~ I will make mistakes but they always bring great opportunity to grow...
~ Love is the strongest weapon.
~ Ned: bringer of joy, loyalty in a nutshell, forever lap dog & king of headbutts
~ Having a sense of humor is CRUCIAL for my life!
~ I feel blessed to live in Minnesota surrounded by family & friends!
~ May Auntie Helga always live within me!
~ No matter how old I get, Damon will always forget how old I am - love him for it! :) This year I'm only 25... yes!


In a nutshell, some day I might 'grow up' but don't hold your breath
because even though I turn older every year God made my spirit young.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

God most certainly did make your spirit young and I love Him for that! That means life is always more exciting for me when I'm with you! I'm looking forward to coming up north and celebrating your special day tomorrow.
I love you more than hot chocolate with cool whip and sprinkles on it!
- Your sister who turns 32 (YIKES!) this year...

Emily said...

Sending Happy Birthday wishes from Owaotnna!

Emily said...

Wow, I can't even spell where I live correctly...Owatonna....

Anonymous said...

My dear friend,

CHEERS to your 27th year!!!

I hope you have a splendid birthday filled with much love, fun and laughter!

Love and best wishes for happiness today, TOMORROW and always!!!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday
Love,
your other sister!

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Enjoy your birthday morning with the hubby and pooch. See you tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!
Happy Birthday toooo YOU!
Happy Birthday, dear Maaaaannndaaa,
Happy Birthday to YOU!

Love ya lots!!! :)

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday, Manda. We think that you are a beautiful, generous, kind, and loving person, and the best godmommy that Gage could ever have!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!
~Hagens~
P.s Damon is OK too!!!

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

HEY, happy late birthday. Hope you enjoyed your card, we spent a long time trying to find the perfect card. ENJOY..............

the 'in-laws'