Sunday, December 5, 2010

To Church We Go

Lil' man and I went to our first church service today. I'll have to admit I was a little nervous but it went really well. It was nice to be back in church and even more special to be bringing my little boy to God's house. I know that we haven't been to church in a long time but I also know that church is where I want Asher to be familiar and comfortable.

We only had one 'talking' moment and that happened during prayer. Getting up and walking around a little - helped. Than we came back, sat down and I brought out the cow ... "Mooo".... "Mooo"... Note to self: Bring an animal that he isn't familiar with!

One more 'Asher' story... once I brought the cow out of the bag he starts saying "Moo, moo, mooooooo" then... he turns the cow upside down and starts playing with its tits! Instantly I'm thinking, "Why in the world does this cow have tit"? I turn the cow over - he flips it back and starts milking it. I'm so glad God has a sense of humor. :)

We look forward to going back to church and starting this new chapter with our babe!

2 comments:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Asher had his first "talking", huh?! This makes me giggle thinking of all of the "talkings" you had as a child trying to sit still and be quiet in church. :)
Hopefully you found a place you can go back to as a family and truly enjoy.

meg said...

Good for you guys!! :) I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Asher is so lucky to have such an amazing Mama!