Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuttle Transporters

You've got something to move - I've gotta truck.

Last night I made arrangements with my brother (not sure why it was with Erik rather than my parents?) to go and pick up my parents new freezer.

I'm not exactly sure what to expect for size... I wondering if I should be bringing the enclosed trailer with me on this transport. As it turns out, I back up and one guy pops it into the back of my truck. As I'm standing there looking at this cute little freezer I ask, "Do you suppose it will ride like that the whole way?"... the skinny salesman says, "Well how far do you got to go?" I tell him my destination and he says, "Ya, it's pretty light - probably not."

Great.

I drive home, find some straps and do the best I know how with what I have. I wedge the freezer up against the tailgate and strap it in. I've watched this done 100 times - you'd think I'd be a pro... I'm not.

So, off I go. Not 100% certain that I've correctly stabilized the freezer but content that I've done what I could to prevent it from falling out the back of the truck.

As my eyes are glued to my rear view mirror I can't help but think, "Does a freezer give you warning when it is going to fall out the back of the truck?"... I'm talking to Meg on the phone and we've decided that it probably won't scream on the way out and I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

My phone beeps - it's my hubbie, I take the call. I ask him, "Will I know if the freezer is going to fall out of the back of the truck?"... he asks me a few questions and says, "Ya, you'll know." ... Really? "Ok, what will happen?" he replies, "You'll hear the tailgate fall off .. anytime you wedge something up against our tailgate and apply pressure - it has a tendency to pop open."

Dang. I didn't think of that. Fortunately I did not lose the freezer and all is grand with the goods that needed to be frozen at the Johnson household tonight. Because given how warm it has been around here (0 degrees) we wouldn't want anything to thaw out due to lack of it being in a freezer!

So, the moral of my story is this... if you have something that needs to be moved, I'm more than willing - I just can't guarantee that I won't be paranoid of losing it between point A and B AND this transporter doesn't move very fast with her eyes focused on her rear-view mirror. :)

4 comments:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

You should have used my fabulous, sporty and stylish MINI-VAN! Something like that would easily fit in the back once you put down the seats and there would be no worries about losing anything!
Oh.
Wait.
You HATE my van.
:)

I'm glad the transport went well.
TWO MORE DAYS!!

meg said...

"Tuttle Transporters... If we're not there in an hour...just wait longer!" :)


Very glad you made your deliveries safe and sound! :) You are the HERO of Otenagen!!

Team Tuttle said...

I love mini-vans. They are may favorite next to riding a bike with a basket and bell. :)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

You are a dork. :)