Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bruise O-Meter...

I've developed a bruise meter for all of you out there who have fallen or bruised
yourself some-how-or-another. It is the 3 C's of Bruising...
Color: Is the bruise colorful?
Circumference: Is the bruise big?
Creativity: How did you get the bruise?
All categories are judged from 0-5
Color: I give it a 2...
Circumference: I would say a 3... it was fairly large.
Creativity: At least a 4... Last weekend when we were shearing one of them 'got away'. I say, "Don't worry, I got it!" The sheep was trapped in the corner of a fence - should have been a easy process; however, the fence gave way. I crashed through the fence and landed head first in sheep poo. The creative part of this story is... last weekend was warm = fresh, soft poo.
Total Score: 9
I also took a digger this week while running errands. I was in front of a hearing aid repair shop and I went down! I was kind of hoping no one saw but of course that wasn't the case. The receptionist in the hearing aid store, "Oh, honey - you got to be careful out there." My question remains... what age group do you suppose are more likely to go to a hearing aid repair store? Good thing this store is next to the Home Medics shop... they can pick up a nice walker or wheelchair upon falling at the Hearing Aid Store.

4 comments:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

You are too hilarious! I think your Bruise-O-Meter will become a popular device to use with your readers!
BE CAREFUL today. No more "I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Emily said...

I think what Tonja really means to say is "I think your Bruise-O-Meter will become a popular device with the Bain/LeFebvre/Bergeron sisters"!

Lets judge my last fall at the bar. (http://thesinglesister.blogspot.com/2009/01/for-anyone-that-keeps-up-with.html)

Color: 4.5 it had all the hues from purple, yellow, green and blue. (and an added bump that is still there three weeks later)

Circumference: 5 I give it this since it not only was a rather large bruise on my shin (at least 4 inches long and 2 inches wide) but it also bruised rather large areas around both sides of my ankle.

Creativity: I think I just get a 3 for this since it was just getting tripped up on my own feet going down a set of two stairs at the bar. But do I get bonus points for not spilling my drink on the way down?

Total Score: 12.5

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

I've been waiting for you, Emily, to read this post of Manda's! I knew you would completely get a kick out of it and would be able to use this as a tool for your own tragic mishaps.

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!!! i'm behind on my team tuttle reading; what a treat to find the three c's!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

mara