Thursday, October 9, 2008

The World of Manda....

I am certainly in a world of my own and cannot help but post some fun stories that recently have happened...

1) Yesterday I went to the Dentist. I wasn't exactly sure what they were going to do because I have 4 appointments I have to get in before the end of the year. I want to use up all my insurance before the year runs out - this poor insurance company will regret thinking it's even a remotely good idea to put me on their coverage! :) So, anyways, I went in yesterday and had Root Canal #7 (I'm going for a world record... I've two Root Canal's on one tooth - so I'm pretty sure that I've got a chance!) Yes, well... not only was I in for the treat of a Root Canal, I also had cramps AND gas. Not the type of gas that they use on you to relax (believe me relaxing was NOT in the game plan for me for the L-O-N-G 1 and 1/2 hours I was sitting in the chair!) but the type of gas that would clear out the room - including myself. Incase anyone cares - my tooth hurts very minimal, my cramps are gone - as well as - my upset tummy. :)

2) Now this is the best... I cannot stop laughing at just how ridiculous this story is. Every morning, and I mean EVERY morning I listen to 99.9 Radio USA at work between 8:30-9am because that seems to be when they have all they chances to win tickets, gifts certificates and most importantly Subway. Every day they have a Subway Song of the Day... You hear the song being played and have to be caller ____ (whatever the DJ decides to pick for that day - Mind you, it is different every day!)

So, today I called and called and called. I was caller number 4 and wasn't going to give up because I figured I was only 2 callers away from being the winner. (I have Radio USA programed into my phone so that I don't have to actually 'redial' persay... I told you I'm pretty serious about winning a Sub!) Anyways, so I redial and it is RINGING... "You're caller #6"... And I go NUTS! I mean full fledge screaming and yelling at my co-workers that we finally won... I have co-workers giving my high-fives and the whole shabang! The DJ says, "Why are you so excited about being number 6?"..... I say, "Didn't I win?"... DJ says, "No, we're looking for caller number 7!".... HA HA HA!!! :)

Here's the kicker... DJ's record their conversations and he plays the interaction with me on the RADIO! I'm carrying on, as well as my co-workers and he has played it for all the listening audience! HE HE HE! DJ picks up the phone "Radio USA you're caller #7" and the guys says "Great." DJ says, "Well you certainly are not as excited as that lady was to be caller number 6!"

Ah, Yes all in a days work.

No comments: