Monday, September 8, 2008

Manda Bloopers...

I seriously cannot stop chuckling to myself tonight... there are recently three events that have happened within the last few week - of course, all of which I have stupidly done myself - and I must share! :) The crazy part is - I don't have any pictures to help with any of my stories - so bare with me!

1) Tonja was blogging about her new flat iron... (thehansonhattrick.blogspot.com). She went on to say that there were some pretty stupid warnings like: don't use while sleeping, - you don't say! Well... I posted a comment about how I loved the ridiculous warnings they put on such things! I added that I hadn't ironed clothes in years - or even before than... Come to find out - a flat iron is something you use on your hair ... not your clothes. HA HA HA!

2) While adding more perennials to my small and growing garden - I ran into slugs. YUCK! My neighbor told me that if I put beer in the bed - the slugs would go away. Easy enough, I came inside, opened a cold one and poured it on my flowers (giving them a little extra for looking so pretty). Come to find out - you're suppose to pour the beer into a pan which lures the slugs in and they are suppose to drown. HA HA HA!

And the best for last...

3) Do you recall when Rocky was visiting us for those two weeks in July? Well, one of the long list of items he and Nedward ate was one of my slippers. Three years ago, for Christmas, I received two pairs of almost identical slippers. The only difference is that one pair has a little thicker lining in them and therefore are my FAVORITE! I thought that they had eaten one of my favorite pairs because I found it in several pieces all over the house... I figured what was the sense of holding onto the other when it didn't have a match? Logical and responsibly throwing away an item that didn't have a use anymore...

Well... since it has gotten cold I have been trying to find the matching slipper (remember these are the almost identical) and haven't had any luck. Tonight I'm sitting on the couch and Ned started digging in the cushion ... low and behold - it's the other half of my favorite slipper.

So, as it turns out... they ate one of the slippers of the pair that wasn't my FAVORITE and I threw my favorite slipper away! ARGH! Now, my feet are warm in two obviously different slippers (Damon tells me he can't see the difference - but there is) ... and I'm bummed that I was so quick to throw away my favorite pair! I figured there was no need to keep around just one and even remember thinking to myself - maybe I should just hold on to it BUT threw it away with last weeks trash ... Double ARGH!

1 comment:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Oh my funny little sis!
Thanks again for such great laughter!
:)