Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Johnson House Up-Date...

So here are some pictures from the house... I've tried to get shots from the same angle; however, that is not always feasible when floors & walls are being removed.
I'll start with the kitchen...
Just before taking out the cabinets...

After the cabinets were removed....


After Demo Crew (where'd that chimney come from??)...

The flooring looks a bit 'zebra - ish' ... these are the lines they cut in order to replace the floor boards. That will be tomorrows project...

The Dinning Room...

After the Fire...

After moving everything out...


This is the same wall from above; however, it's removed - you're looking right into the bathroom - amazing more sound didn't carry from one room to the next... just one tiny wall apart! :)

The Living Room...

Right after the fire...
After we cleaned out all the contents...


Demo Crew...

Crazy Demo Crew... See Mom - it looks MUCH Larger! :)
This is the view from the kitchen looking at the bedrooms/hallway... my room at my parents has never been so clean in my life! :) I have never seen our basement from this angle... big! Dad and I are trying to decide whether or not we should put in a roller rink or a bowling alley. :)
Here's my loving husband - slaving away - cleaning the walls. I'm guessing that is going to cost his 'antique' mother-in-law 20+ vanilla malts! :)
**Q-tips are only being used to demonstrate the amount of cleaning needing to be done - there was only 1 Q-tip truly harmed in the making of this picture.** :) :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

WOW!It's odd to see my second home growing up so bare. And where DID that chimney come from? Was it in the closet between the dining room and living room? The picture of the living room with the soot/smoke damage out the register vents is pretty scary. Thanks for posting these and keeping us all up to date.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

wow manda thanks for the update while I'm away. thanks for everything you have done and keeping tabs on dad while i"m gone. Love you Mama