Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Opening of Fishing

Damon and I were able to go up to our families lake lot last Thursday & Friday. We were not able to do any fishing; however, we brought the boat up and cruised around the lake. This is the first time I have EVER seen ice on the lake for opening of fishing and wanted to share! We also had snow on Saturday evening (enough that I had to scrape it off my car!)... it has definitely been a year of first with the weather... or at least a year of firsts that I can actually remember. :) Here are some pictures of Jessie Lake...

When we pulled the boat up to the ice and shut off the motor you could hear our waves cracking the ice... it was real neat - almost sounded like heavy rain... This next picture is just ice built up on the shoreline. Crazy to think that it is the middle of May and we still have ice/snow...


Nedward enjoying the boat ride... I'm pretty sure that he should have been a fishing dog not a goose/duck dog. If he could actually find the fish, he'd be perfect! He gets extremely excited when you cast and reel. There have been times that we've had to bring in the lines because someone will cast and Ned jumps out of the boat chasing the jig.
Some other fun pictures of the boating experience... Not my best work but fun none-the-less!

1 comment:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Yay! You've updated! It's great to see the photos and see what you've been up to lately. NOW if I talk to you today - we haven't spoken since Saturday!! - all will be right in the world!
Thanks for sharing!
Lots of love, sista!