Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Livin' & Lovin' Every Moment...

There are truly no words to describe just how wonderful being a mommy is. It is definitely my most favorite thing to do! It is such a blessing that every new day I get to be Asher's mommy. Damon and I get to nurture and raise this beautiful baby and one can't help but feel totally blessed to have this opportunity.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't a little nervous about being a parent. I was worried that life as I knew it would be over and I was right. :) It is awesome! There are definitely things that I haven't been able to participate in like - snowmobiling, ice fishing and sledding - just to name a few; however, what a trade off! I feel like at this moment in time these activities are being put off but think about how much fun they are going to be in a few years when Asher is big enough to enjoy them! I can't wait for our first ice fishing trip, snowmobile ride and sledding adventures as a family.

My life as I knew it has changed forever. I may never sleep through the night again (it seems like that sometimes), I will never wear a two piece thong bikini due to those stretch marks and I know for sure that my boobs will never be the same but what a blessing! These are the best sleep nights a mommy could ask for and such a small price to pay for such a awesome opportunity!

I know I'm just a beginner and have much to learn but I'm lovin' every moment of being a mommy and look forward to what the future holds for Team Tuttle!

Love you Asher John!

3 comments:

meg said...

You are awesome! :)

~cody said...

What a great attitude you have about the lack of sleep! I am still so not okay with newborn non-sleeping :). But, looking back, it always seems like it was such a short time (thank goodness!). It's the hardest and best job in the world :). I'm so glad you're enjoying that boy...and I LOVE the stickers Tonja got you!

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

You've welcomed motherhood so beautifully. I love you and that new little one of yours. xoxo