Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ode To Us...

Damon and I celebrated our 4th Anniversary this last week. It is hard to believe that 4 years of us being married has already past. Here are some of my thoughts regarding the total of 9 years that we have shared together:
  • There is never a dull moment: "Manda, do you think you could pull this screw out of my foot?" ... Yep, it was pushed through the shoe and foot. "It was a two for one special today - we took both the appendix & gallbladder." Yep, may as well take them both while you're in there. "Hi honey, I'm in the ER but I know what it is this time. I cut my hand at work." Yep, we didn't just cut our hand once but twice - in the same spot. I'm so thankful that hospitals, ER's and doctors don't intimidate me. (Thanks Dad!)

  • There is never a lack of something to talk about - ever.

  • I'm recalling when neither one of us wanted to fart around the other... (You all remember those days?!)

  • In 5 years we've had 3 awesome dogs - only one that continues to keep us on our toes.

  • We've become Godparents, an Aunt & Uncle to the best addition to the family!

  • Yep, I will get my snowmobile stuck 3 times within 1 city block. Thank you for always showing me your patience!

  • Innovation is Key: Why buy it when you can make it? Snowplow on bike as kid = homemade snowplow on Rhino as adult. Thank you Rog and Deb for always allowing kid #1 to try new things - he is handy!

  • I love my wife (Damon's addition to this blog) Thank you Willie and Kathy for raising such an outstanding individual (Manda's addition to this bullet :))

  • Humor is a must - how might we get through the day without it?

  • Getting into trouble is more fun in pairs.

  • Family and friends are such an important piece of our lives. Whether we are BBQing at the house, workin' and playin' at the farm or out on some adventure - we couldn't imagine anyone better to share those times with than our families and friends.

So here's to my best friend - I can't imagine my life without you and I'm so glad you decided that I was worth chasing all those years ago! I look forward to the next 50 years together!

"Love doesn't make the world go round - love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
~Elizabeth Browning

2 comments:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Great post!
I hope you both had a great day celebrating your relationship.
Love you both!

meg said...

Happy Anniversary guys! :) Hope your day was filled with love and laughs!!!

Cheers to all the adventures had and to those yet to come!

Much love!!!