Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Hubby...

I am truly blessed with a lot of laughs in my marriage... mostly because of Damon. Most would argue that he is pretty laid back and doesn't say a whole lot but those people don't live with him. I have two Damon stories that just crack me up...

1) Two weekends ago we were lucky to have the opportunity to babysit Anthony. We were excited to bring him to his first Grand Rapids Hocky game! Of course, we were a little worried about how he would react because the game started at 7:30pm and his bed time is around 8-8:30pm. Anthony did really well - he watched the game, drank some apple juice, napped a little, had some popcorn and didn't really say two words the whole evening! Now, Uncle Damon on the other hand was having some issues! He had to get up to go to the concessions for first period... bringing back popcorn and pop to share (nice bonus); however, he drops his bottle of pop twice - bumping into the people in front of us as he tries to pick it up. Then - he decides to open his pop (yes, after he just dropped it twice!). Now, Damon has successfully sprayed the two kids in front of us, himselve and the diaper bag! And I thought bringing Anthony to the game was going to be a challenge!

2) Damon likes to put different ring tones on his phone. His new ring tone, which I think is really stupid, says, "You're a smelly pirate hooker". Does that make ANY sense?? It actually says this when his phone rings... SO, last night we are in Forest Lake having a Birthday supper with my parents AND Damon's phone rings. Lovely. The best part of this story - we just got new phones so we are not exaclty sure how to mute them without picking up and hanging up on the caller. I think I would prefer he go with the door bell ring tone! :)

3 comments:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

As I'm laughing sitting at the computer Mark automatically asks, "What did Damon do now?" How could possibly know I'm laughing at the smelly pirate hooker story?!
Thanks for sharing more Damon moments.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Okay, my typing is a bit off tonight. I'm tired from a day of working and parent/teacher conferences. It's time for a hot shower and then bed.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh for funny!!! How wonderful that you have each other! :)

*I too am sitting here laughing at the computer! :) Smelly pirate hooker?!? Who comes up with this stuff?!! :)