Saturday, January 22, 2011

Drain Already...

A few weeks back the kitchen sink wouldn't drain. I would drain one side and it would fill up the other - it was awesome. I always feel blessed that such instances occur when D is home; otherwise, I would find myself doing dishes in the bathroom sink or eating off paper plates.

So, D calls his dad, gets a game plan and decides that we need to tear apart the whole drainage system. This is not exactly an easy project, since we've had to do it one other time, we were not looking forward to doing so at 7 o'clock at night!

Wait. Hold the Boat. Uncle Airwick to the rescue!

He, Uncle Airwick, suggests we just take a plunger to the sink and our drainage problems would be solved - at least for the evening. After a very short discussion - it was decided that if it worked it would be a much easier solution!

I was selected to be the lucky plunger of the sink. Being vertically challenged - I grab a stool or a chair or something very sturdy to stand on because I'm going to give that sink heck! Damon takes his position under the sink, to be honest - I'm not exactly sure why? But none-the-less this story would not be half as funny if he had not been laying under the sink observing the process.

We fill the sink up with water and I take position.

Me: "Are you ready?"
Damon: "Yep, give it a try."

I really put my body into it, I mean - I used my knees and a small jump to get that plunger to do it's job.... and "Whooosh!" the plunger came down and all the water came out the other drain! It went straight up, hit the ceiling and came down on Damon who had his mouth open (I think to remind me to put something in the other drain prior to plunging :)) and we were soaked. Probably not the most brilliant move on my part but seriously has to be one of the most funny things I have accidentally done to Damon in a long time!

The sink, it drained... just need a little help and muscle from the lady in the house.

3 comments:

meg said...

Ohhh my gosh!! TOO FUNNY! Poor Damon... Can't help it if the "lady in the house" just happens to be part Super Woman - and an excellent sink plunger-outer! :)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Yep, still giggling at this one too!

Heather McDougall said...

Way tooooo funny! I can't stop laughing or crying...yes Manda you brought me to tears!!! I seriously thought that you were gonna fall off the stool or that the drain below was gunna burst with all the force you gave it, but your story was much funnier!!!